Monday, November 30, 2009

Spam

I am not very tech-savvy. Well, rather I am reluctant to new technology. As a small-town girl, I'm probably one of the most technologically advanced of those in my circles. But for being in the communications field, I am a little behind. It took me longer than a lot of people to get Facebook but I'm quite addicted now. I only got Twitter today and it already fascinates me.

However, both of these social networking sites seem to think I'm some sort of spammer. In the past week I have received two different notifications to stop "going so fast." While on Facebook, I sent the same message to a number of people about a surprise baby shower. After about 7 of these messages, Facebook gave me this notification:



It says "Warning! You are engaging in behavior that may be considered annoying or abusive by other users. Facebook's systems determined that you were going too fast when sending messages. You must significantly slow down. Further misuse of site features may result in a temporary block or your account being permanently disabled."

Stop going so fast? Significantly slow down? Fine then. It's Facebook's fault if not everyone shows up to the shower. I dont' want my account being shut down. Then today, I was rapidly following friends on Twitter when I received this notice:



I give up. I try to conform to technology, but it hates me. I am not a spammer. I just get excited too quickly.

1 comment:

  1. I often get CSS urges when I am building websites. I know the feeling.

    ReplyDelete